Mission for Vision
Empower people who are blind to Engage with their communities and to Embrace the Blessed Hope.
Each year thousands of lives are changed by the services provided to them without cost. All who are legally blind* or have physical impairments that prevent them from holding reading material are eligible for the following free services:
- Subscription Magazines are available in braille, large print, and mp3 disk.
- Full-Vision Books combine braille, print, and audio, enabling blind parents to read to their sighted children and sighted parents to help their blind children learn to read braille.
- The Lending Library lends more than 1,400 volumes in NLS digital cartridge.
- Gift Bibles and Study Guides are available in braille, large print, solar player, and NLS digital cartridge.
- National Camps for Blind Children are operated throughout North America.
- inSight4Vets Player is a gift offered to United States military veterans who are legally blind.
- Wildlife STORYTELLERS are adorable plush animals that carry children's stories on solar-powered audiobook players.
Christian Record Services, Inc. is an international organization serving individuals who are blind in 73 countries worldwide.
*WHAT IS THE CLASSIFICATION "LEGALLY BLIND"?
According to the American Foundation for the Blind, "Legal blindness is a level of vision loss that has been legally defined to determine eligibility for benefits. The clinical diagnosis refers to a central visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the better eye with the best possible correction, and/or a visual field of 20 degrees or less. Often, people who are diagnosed with legal blindness still have some useable vision."