Mission for Vision
Empower people who are blind to Engage their communities and Embrace the Blessed Hope
Each year, Christian Record Services, Inc. (aka Christian Record Services for the Blind) impacts thousands of lives through services provided to them without cost. All who are legally blind or have physical impairments that prevent them from holding reading material or focusing on ink print are eligible for the following free services:
- Full-Vision Books combine Braille, print, and audio, enabling blind parents to read to their sighted children and sighted parents to help their blind children learn to read Braille
- Gift Bibles and Study Guides are available in Braille, large print, solar player, and NLS digital cartridge
- The Lending Library offers more than 1,500 volumes in NLS digital cartridge and through Lib.Guide
- National Camps for Blind Children (NCBC) are operated in partnership with camp facilities throughout the United States
- Subscription Magazines in Braille, large print, and mp3 disk
- Zoo Buds are adorable plush animals that carry children's stories on solar-powered audiobook players.
Christian Record Services, Inc. is a ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in North America serving people of all faiths and walks of life who are blind worldwide. The availability of services may vary by region due to contractual agreements. Churches, individuals, and businesses provide support for services.
Give with confidence: Christian Record is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
*WHAT IS THE CLASSIFICATION "LEGALLY BLIND"?
According to the American Foundation for the Blind, "Legal blindness is a level of vision loss that has been legally defined to determine eligibility for benefits. The clinical diagnosis refers to a central visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the better eye with the best possible correction, and/or a visual field of 20 degrees or less. Often, people who are diagnosed with legal blindness still have some useable vision."